From Parlour to Palace: Victorian Music from The Christmas Revels
This Revels holiday CD delivers a delicious spread of musical treats representing the enormous richness and variety of music in Victorian society. “From Parlour to Palace” contains choral music, carols, dances, and children’s songs popular in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. This joyous CD also includes several pieces by Sir Arthur Sullivan, of Gilbert and Sullivan fame.
Hear samples from select pieces.
Full songlist below:
2. Newton’s Double
3. Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
4. It Was m Father’s Custom
5. We’ll Be Up your Way Next Week
7. Bells of London/Oranges and Lemon
8. Rosy Apple, Lemon and a Pear
9. Don’t Dilly Dally on the Way
10. A Bird ina Gilded Cage
11. Good King Wenceslas
12. Hark! What Mean Those Holy Voices?
13. Christmas Boxes
14. When Father Papered the Parlour
15. Bright Angels
16. Christmas Bells at Sea
17. God Bless the Master
18. Away in a Manger
19. Hallelujah, Amen